weaving our heritage
Mitchell Interflex is a family owned company established in 1907, now in its 4th generation of management.
The Weaving factory is situated in a beautiful valley in England on the Lancashire/Yorkshire border. The original mill buildings date back to c.1786 and until the 1960s the mill was powered by water. As the Company prospered a new adjoining weaving shed was built in the 1920s using locally quarried Salterforth stone to blend in with the surrounding environment. The original 5'10" cast-iron waterwheel axle is preserved in the mill yard as a reminder of our history and heritage.
The Weaving Department is equipped with modern Dornier Rapier looms on a planned replacement cycle in order to service our customers with efficient and quality capacity. Many of the fabrics produced in the Weaving Department require a brushed surface and in 1998 a custom built Raising Department was commissioned in nearby Nelson, close to the M65. The raising factory has the best machinery available for raising, emerising and cropping both woven and non-woven fabrics. This includes suitable ancillary equipment for crease and lapping and making up.